What is Ceramic Pan? Cautions for Use The Ceramic Pan & How to Choose the Suitable Ceramic Pan?
Ceramic pans are advertised as “green” cooking utensils. This is a recent change in the trend of using non-stick tools since 1960. So what is it and how to choose a suitable one for you?
What is ceramic?
Although they are called Ceramic (Meaning ceramic – also known as “clay after being fired at an extremely high temperature”), but they are not made 100% of ceramic! These are pans made from metal (usually hard anodized aluminum) with a finish that is a non-stick layer made of inorganic minerals (which does not contain any harmful carbon). are silicon and oxygen. Like furniture, this coating is made of sand and has a shiny surface, so it is called ceramic.
The metal pan will be coated with non-stick coating by spraying or dipping in mineral gel and then put into a hardened high-heat furnace.
Why do people like Ceramic? The advantages of the ceramic pan?
- Eye-catching design and good adhesion resistance
- The durability of ceramic glaze
- The non-stick coating does not contain either PTFE or PFOA (more environmentally friendly due to less energy used in the manufacturing process and safe for consumers’ health).
- Heat resistance up to 400 ° C
- Highly resistant to acids, alkalis and friction, the ceramic pan can be used for a long time with less scratches.
- The cooking pan dissipates heat evenly and does not absorb chemicals.
- Ceramic pan conducts heat well and is capable of generating far-infrared rays, food will still be cooked evenly, while it is safe for people to use.
How to choose a suitable ceramic pan?
1.It is necessary to know the Material Characteristics of a Pan to Choose the Right Type
Light and Good Heat Conductive. For Those Who Want To Cook Quickly
Stainless steel pan:
Keep Good Heat. Suitable for Warm Keeps, Stewed dishes.
The advantage of limiting heat loss also helps to process fried dishes more quickly. However, note that the stainless steel will be heavier than aluminum, so you will need to use more force when manipulating the stainless steel pan.
2.Pans size and weight:
A diameter of 24〜28cm is the most suitable size to make dishes with Ceramic pans. With this size, the pan will not be too big, not too heavy, and you can still cook a relatively large amount of food. If you regularly make dishes that need to be stirred, you should choose a pan with a lightweight from 800g to 1kg
3.Feature Of Coating:
Example coatings with good anti-stick properties, food that does not flammable even without the use of oil, or coatings that increase wear resistance and durability, etc.
Choose a pan with a color that is in harmony with other kitchen utensils will make the kitchen stand out. You should choose one with a white basin and bright colors on the exterior. The bright white cooking surface is the characteristic of most Ceramic pans, making the dish in the pan look more beautiful. One The eye-catching colored pan and the white basin will help you get more stylish photos when posting on social media.
Tips for prolonging the use of ceramic pans
- Always let the pan cool before cleaning.
- Cook over low or medium heat.
- Do not change the pan from hot to cold too quickly.
- Wash by hand – do not use a dishwasher for cleaning. To remove burnt food from the pan, soak it in hot water for 30 minutes before washing it. This will make cleaning easier.
- Clean your ceramic pan with warm soapy water and a soft sponge or towel. Avoid using steel wool, nylon scrubbing or any abrasive cleaning products.
- Use a wooden or plastic scoop when cooking. Metal utensils can chip or scratch the ceramic surface.
- Thoroughly clean the inside and outside of the pan after each use to remove dirt and prevent grease from accumulating.
- Use this deep cleaning method periodically to remove stains and maintain the beautiful appearance of your ceramic cookware.
We hope that our short guideline will help your and your family have a suitable ceramic pan. The great ceramic pan will help your life easier and healthier.